// Ready for the challenge?
The financial services sector is in flux, more and more it feels like the users are the ones serving instead of being served. With so much disruptive technologies coming up, there is no better time to change the flow of service, and create a balance between the traditional institutions and the emerging fintech institutions.
The re:code Nigeria Hackathon aims to bring together multiple teams of talented developers, designers, problem-solvers, out-of-the-box thinkers, dreamers, doers, makers, and code magicians to solve this problem. Let’s come together and build brilliant solutions to the most vexing problems in financial services today.
// The challenge
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to transform the existing mode of engagement in the banking industry; the customer experience, and create value for customers beyond payments.
The banking industry needs to improve its existing customer experience. Your mission is to transform the existing mode of engagement.
- How can faster and consistent customer experience be delivered? How will bank customers get easy access to all the information they need?
- How can the account opening processed be made easier and faster?
- How can gamification be used for accurate data collection in a bank?
- How can the internet of things and other devices be utilized to create the bank of the future
<VALUE CREATION BEYOND PAYMENTS>
Repeat business depends on the ability to satisfy customers. Your mission is to create value beyond payment for Bank customers.
- How can interactions be done using zero user interface? Imagine carrying out banking services in a way that is as easy as talking to your Xbox.
- How can payment authentication be made effective mid-transaction?
- How can a Bank apply its understanding of consumer analytics to serve their customers?
- How can P2P payments be implemented to cater for the ever changing channels of interaction?
You are expected to come alone to the designated location, and may choose 4 team members to work with you on that day. But you, must be the 5th, making a maximum of 5.
For exceptional performance during this mission
1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,500
3rd - $1,000
1 year access on Microsoft Azure and IBM platforms for select teams.
// Judging criteria
Winners of the Re:Code Hackathon will be selected by a panel of judges that includes industry leaders as well as representatives from AFF. Each submission will be scored based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and a maximum score of 10 points with the final score being the average of the judge’s scores:
- Demo - How well was the project showcased, was it clearly visible what the product created, could do? Creating world-class project or a world-changing one, requires the ability to show the strength and capacity fo the project to others
- Product Vision - Does the product have the ability to disrupt current markets and capture large market share?
- Investibility - How attractive would this product be to Investors?
- API Implementation - How successfully have you solved the challenge set, and how well have you used APIs provided?
- Product Design - Does the product have exceptional design attributes that would appeal to the end-user?
- Technical Achievement - How well was the product built, how well did the team implement various tools and technical skills to tackle the problem, how close is it to being a product?
All teams must get at least one point in all the above categories to stand a chance of winning any prize in the competition.